Monday, April 14, 2014

DIY Boutonniere for Prom!

If you're a senior in high school like me, I can almost guarantee that you're excited for prom. If not, then get excited! But even though prom is super fun, it can be extremely expensive! Girls have to get a dress (which aren't cheap!), boutonniere for a date, and perhaps a ticket and meal too. Why buy a boutonniere, which is basically just a small bundle of flowers, for $20 or more when you can DIY it?!


Materials:
Flowers, one main color (to match dress) and smaller accent flowers--these can be fresh flowers or fake ones; I chose fake because I'm making this far in advance to prom and don't want the flowers to die.
Tape, floral or masking (doesn't matter what color, we'll cover it up!)
Straight pins
Ribbon
Scissors

Here are the steps, in pictures:



Keep reading to finish the tutorial!



Optional: brush some glue on the end of the ribbon so it doesn't fray.

And there you have it! A boutonniere for less than what you'd find at a florist, and lots of leftover material to make things like my DIY Spring Headband.

I hope everyone has fun at prom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment