Sunday, March 9, 2014

Avocado Fried Egg Recipe

I found a great recipe for something called "avocado fried egg", and because I love avocados, I couldn't resist trying it. Here's what you need to make this delicious dish, perfect for breakfast:

1 avocado (you really only need enough to make a 1/2" slice of avocado)
1 egg
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Slice your avocado the long way in half, then slice off a 1/2" thick piece.
2. You can keep the skin on or take it off; the website I found this on claims that keeping the skin on keeps the avocado together, but I didn't like the idea of eating it with the skin on.
3. Heat up your frying pan and put a bit of olive oil in it.
4. Place the avocado slice in the pan, then crack the egg onto it so the yolk is contained in the hole for the pit.
5. Cook the egg until the white is completely done, then flip it. You can keep your yolk a bit runny, or cook it through. I had to make sure my yolk was cooked, which is why the dish doesn't look quite that nice.
6. Add some salt and pepper to taste.



Enjoy this nutritious breakfast option :)

No comments:

Post a Comment