Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 4 of FSR: Buttered Cream Cheese Roll




Today's recipe is very unique. It's something my friend Jimmy completely made up and I wasn't sure if it would taste good. But when he made it for me, I was surprised that it actually did taste good...I guess I shouldn't have doubted his skills, since Jimmy is a great cook and dreams of opening his own restaurant when he gets older.
Jimmy is sweet, funny, and has great taste in music. :) We've been best friends for many years, and he's one of the only people I feel like I completely "click" with. He loves gaming, reviewing movies, and cooking. Here's his awesome recipe!

Ingredients (to make two rolls)
Two slices of bread
Sugar
Cinnamon
Water
Cream cheese (regular or flavored--I prefer strawberry-flavored cream cheese for this!)
Butter

Directions
1. Toast the two slices of bread.
2. Spread cream cheese on the slices of toast. Don't skimp on this part!
3. Sprinkle cinnamon onto the cream cheese.
4. Carefully roll up the toast tightly.
5. Drop a pat of butter into a cooking pan and let it melt.
6. Place the rolls into the pan and let cook, flipping once in a while.
7. While the rolls are cooking, make a thick glaze comprised of sugar, melted butter, and water.
8. When rolls are lightly browned, take them out and serve with glaze drizzled on top.


Enjoy this unique pastry treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment