Friday, March 28, 2014

Twisted Ponytail Tutorial

Hi guys! Today I'm going to try something new--a hair tutorial! I usually don't have time to do my hair in any fancy way in the mornings, but I do love experimenting when I do have the time. Here's a tutorial for a twisted ponytail. A lot of people know another way to achieve a similar effect--tying your hair then flipping the ponytail into itself--but I think this way looks a lot better and is easier to keep. 


First, tie two strands of hair from the sides of your head together.

Next, take adjacent strands of hair from the sides of your head and tuck them into the small ponytail you just made. Make sure the new strands aren't sticking together--in other words, loosen those strands of hair. This creates the "twist" look.

Finally, create the ponytail! Tie the rest of your loose hair together, leaving a few loose strands on the sides. Finish the look off with a cute bow (I used an elastic I DIY'd awhile ago).

Here's what it looks like from the side


Enjoy this easy hair tutorial for casual events! And let me know if you want more hair tutorials :)

No comments:

Post a Comment